Here are two padlets completed by two students. They worked very hard and you can tell from their results.
https://padlet.com/mia_johnson3/aemvgh3hiha0 (Mia Johnson - Science 7 Section 1)
https://padlet.com/molly_wright/sxhbw3el49ur (Molly Wright - Science 7 Section 2)
For the first time this year I used a Google Sheet with another teacher to collaborative grade the 7th grade social studies inquiry project we completed. We collaboratively designed the rubric choosing the pieces of the rubric I would grade and the pieces he would grade. The teacher created a Google Sheet with the class rosters and the components of the rubric so we had to add in the total number the student received as we read their the Smore flyer. I have never used a collaborative rubric before when grading and looking at different pieces for a project. It was nice that we created a collaborative rubric in a Google document and then used Google Sheets to finalize grades. It was useful as I am not always in district for my school since I am a shared media specialist. Using Google allowed for me to be home or at my other position and grading during breaks while the teacher did the same. It also allowed for us to hit our deadline for the marking period.
I still continue for ways to collaborate with my teachers in district. Many of the teachers are becoming more comfortable with Google Drive so I am slowly working at getting them more involved with collaborating that way. The teachers that I do currently collaborate are working with me to help get the students ready and used to Google as well. We help them set up group note taking sheets along with Google Slides so that they can all be working on presentations at once. It is my hopes that in the future I can have better technology in my library so that I am able to have full classes working in the library at once. I currently only have 12 working computers in the library that are desktops many times groups will have to hover around one computer so they are able to work on a project. Hopefully we will be able to get some new technology in the library so that I can have students working at the tables as I'm going over the lesson on the Smartboard. I look forward to continuing my collaboration experience with teachers and students. I hope to show students how to better use and access the parts of Google Drive to better enhance their educational experience.
Great collaboration examples! Nice projects. Thanks for sharing the student padlets. Sharing the astronomer one with my husband, who is an astronomer. :)
ReplyDelete