I have tried Twitter in the past because it was required for a college class however, I didn't really care for it and I wasn't thrilled that I was forced to use it or lose points for a class. I think it should have been an option as to which social media tool we chose to use. But I used it because I had to and then I stopped. So I thought it would be fun to try it out again as it has become much more popular and seems to be something that I should take the time and learn about so-
My first thought is that Twitter is quick and simple to use however, I do find that I like Facebook much more. However, I've only been using Twitter for a couple of weeks now- so I'll give it some more time before I fully judge it. :-)
You can follow me @Books_13_Amber.
Right now I'm currently following some of the TV shows that I like to watch, football team, sports teams, publishers and authors. I'm working on reaching out and contacting co-workers and friends.
I also have followed a few Librarians along with checking out the groups in the assignment. I have been perusing through the information looking for ideas to help me throughout my career. I run a few different book clubs in my school and I have found ideas for books to read for my book clubs which is nice. Especially for my faculty book club group.
I haven't done too much tweeting yet myself however, it was discussed at our last liaison meeting for our school library system that we should try and come up with a hashtag to use for our area. I'm looking forward to this as many of the other librarians already use twitter.
I'm hoping that as the year progresses I will get more use out of it and gather more information. I know that it is popular to use during conferences and I will make sure that I'm prepared to use it during that time.
Terrific! Glad you gave it a whirl again. It truly is a valuable resource. Even if you never do any tweeting yourself, it's full of good information. Searching for the relevant hashtags is absolutely key! Nice job.
ReplyDelete